Aeronautical Engineering a well-known branch of engineering that attracts students with interests in Airplanes and their mechanisms. It is the primary field of engineering associated with the development of aircraft and space crafts. They basically rely on designing aircraft and propulsion systems and studying the aerodynamic performance of construction materials. These Engineers work with theories, technology, and practice of flights.
Furthermore, engineers are given many responsibilities and recruitment opportunities are made available in the defense aviation industry.
Salary of Aeronautical Engineer.
The average salary of an Aeronautical Engineer is 5 lakhs per annum or more especially depends on the post.
Steps to become an Aeronautical Engineer after 12th.
Students who have successfully completed 12th or equivalent with PCM/ PCB are eligible to apply for the entrance exam for Aeronautical Engineering for B. tech. course. The minimum percentage required for it is 70% for most of the entrance examinations.
To pursue a degree in this field students must study physics and mathematics as main subjects in high school and lateral college. Aspirants are prepared for courses in Aeronautics for jobs in the field of Aerospace and Aviation
Aeronautical courses are available at undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctorate levels. This is a technical skill that requires professional behavior by keeping observation in minor areas and great calculative skills.
Aeronautical Engineering Eligibility Criteria:
- Minimum 70-75% marks in 12th grade with PCM.
- Admission criteria for Aeronautical Engineers are JEE Main and JEE Advanced scores.
- Candidates who have pursued a Diploma in aircraft maintenance engineering can acquire degrees on clearing exams of the Aeronautical Society of India.
- For admission to Postgraduate and Doctoral programs, the candidate must have finished a Bachelor’s degree in Aeronautical Engineering.
Subjects for Aeronautical Engineering:
- Material Sciences
- Fluid Dynamics
- Structural Dynamics
- Automatic Control and Guidance
- Aircraft Performance and Aircraft Structures
- Elements of Aeronautics
- Numerical study
- Elements of Aero-elasticity
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
Skills required to be a Aeronautical Engineer:
- Speed and accuracy
- Sense of responsibility
- Leadership qualities is must but also should be able to work in a team
- Physical fitness
- Alertness and Presence of mind
- Manual, technical & mechanical aptitude
What Job I can get after completing Aeronautical Engineering.
Job 1 – Aeronautical Engineering.
Trained to design aircraft. The main job includes designing aircraft and propulsion systems and studying the aerodynamic performance of aircraft.
Job 2 – Aeronautical Mechanical Engineers.
Are responsible for the maintenance of aircraft engines. They service engines and airframes.
Job 3 – Aeronautical Electronic Engineers.
They are hired for maintenance of electrical and electronic equipment used for navigation., radar and radio communication.
Job 4 – Flight Engineers.
They are responsible for the smooth performance of aircraft during the flight and refueling often. They also have to inspect the pre-flight and keep update about system check-up, failure of machine and repairs, etc.
Best Universities and Colleges in India for Aeronautical Engineering.
- Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
- Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
- PEC University of Technology
- Indian Institute of Aeronautical Engineering, Dehradun
- Indian Institute of Space Science and Thiruvananthapuram
- Manipal Institute of Technology
- Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology