Lonavala City is famous and one of the most visited hill stations situated in the Pune district of Maharashtra. It is the favourite rainy season spot and tourist spots during the rainy season.
Most people like to go. There are many things to enjoy in Lonavala like waterfalls, ghats hills, etc.
It is present near Pune to Mumbai National Highway. Pune to Lonavala distance is 64 km and while Mumbai to Lonavala it is 96 km. Both Mumbai people and Pune people love to go there to enjoy their monsoon season. There are so many things to see in Lonavala. Witnessing such spots in Lonavala give pleasure to feel.
The Main spots are tiger point, Bhushi dam, etc. Most of the tourists love to enjoy and come in Lonavala City from not only from Maharashtra but from near the state of Maharashtra also like Gujarat Rajasthan, Kerala, Goa, etc.
You can see amazing views from the top of the hill station of the Lonavala. There are many other points which give us satisfaction by witnessing the amazing beauty of nature. Witnessing such beauty allows us to connect with nature.
Lonavla favorite rainy season tourist spots :
- Tiger leap – Tiger leap is also known as tiger point. It is the most famous point in Lonavala hill station. It is located 8 kilometres away from Lonavala City. It is a major attraction for the tourist. Tourists visit this spot quite often. The height of the Tiger point is 650 m.
- Imagica Theme Park – Imagica adventure park is gained recognition worldwide. This adventure park is located near Pune Mumbai Expressway. This is one of the popular adventure parks in India. Imagica also consists of a wet adventure park. People can enjoy the adventurous rainy season here.
- Ramachi fort – Another famous and most visited point is the Ramachi fort. It is situated between Lonavala and Khandala. The most beautiful nature scene is seen from the Ramachi fort. It is also famous for trekking. Most people trek during the moisty season.
- Bhushi dam – Bhushi dam is located just after Lonavala Lake. People love to take their photos and capture those moments. In the Bhushi dam, swimming is strictly prohibited as issued by the Government. Stairs like is present in Bhushi Dam. Some food stalls are present in this region like Chapati Bhaaji food stall. People visit this place in a low rainfall period. During the high rainfall period, Bhushi Dam is closed by respective authorities due to the overflowing of water.
- Lonavala lake – Lonavala Lake is situated at 1 km from Lonavala Railway Station. It is the nearest spot from Railway Station. The bridge is built to help people to cross the lake. Walking on that road feels like walking in the jungle of nature’s emotions. Many food stalls are available like Panipuri, Chinese, etc.
- Sunil celebrity wax museum – This wax museum was established by a 38-year-old man named Sunil kandaloor from Kerala. In the wax museum, there are many wax statues of celebrities like Michael Jackson, Amitabh Bachchan, Salman Khan, etc. Statues of famous footballers like Ronaldo and Messi are also available in this museum.
What is specialty of Lonavala?
The most famous snack item of the Lonavala City is Lonavala Chikki which is sweeter and crunchier than most of the other chikkis. People love to eat that chikki of Lonavala.
Many people come from outside of Maharashtra state and from outside of Lonavala to buy that chikki and to test the amazing sweetness and crunchiness of Chikki.
It is made of peanuts and some other ingredients. During travelling, there are many places where one can eat Vada pav, Misal Pav, Udid Vada Idli sambar, and all other snack items which people love to eat at that spot but in the rainy season, it feels like a blessing to eat there.
How to travel to Lonavala?
The nearest place from Lonavala City is Mumbai and Pune. From Mumbai and Pune, people can go from their private cars.
People can take vehicles on rent. The local trains which are provided by the government are one of the easiest ways to go to Lonavala City. Local train’s ticket price is too low and affordable by anyone.
People have the option to take cars on rent. Such a facility is available on Mumbai Pune Expressway. Hence people can easily travel around various spots present in Lonavala.
How many days does it take to see Lonavala?
It depends on a particular individual. If he/she wants to see every place in Lonavala and enjoy it for a while, it would take 3-4 days. But I think, 1 day is enough to see Lonavala.
I visited Lonavala City in the rainy season and it took 1 day to see some places in Lonavala. Some people stay in hotels for 2-3 days to see all places in Lonavala City. But many locals visit Lonavala and return home the same day.
Is it safe to go to Lonavala?
Yes, Lonavala is a safe place to visit. Tourists visit this place periodically in the rainy season. They mostly visit it in the rainy season. People need to take precautions while driving in the rainy season.
Tourists stay in hotels and lodges to enjoy the Lonavala City trip for 2-3 days. There may be a landslide case in Lonavala mainly in the rainy season. People should follow government guidelines in this case.
Is Ola Uber available in Lonavala?
Ola and Uber cab services are hardly available in Lonavala. Instead of Ola and Uber, local taxies are available in Lonavala City. People take local taxies on rent and visits many famous places around Lonavala.